The Hit Syndicate’s principles are universal. Whatever you do…Hit it Hard!
- Major League Hitting Coach for the Back-to-Back World Champion Toronto Blue Jays (1992-1993)
- Major League Hitting Coach of Toronto Blue Jays (1992-1996)
- Coached the top 3 hitters in the American League in 1993: John Olerud .363 AVG, Paul Molitor .332 AVG, and Roberto Alomar .326 AVG. The first time this had been done in a century.
- 16 years of coaching in professional baseball
In a 14 season career, shortened only because of injury, Larry was a:
- Two-time All-Star (1977-1978), Led the A.L. in RBI’s (1997)
- Finished third in MVP voting behind Hall of Fame Member Jim Rice and Ron Guidry (1978)
- Hit for the cycle on June 4, 1976
- Topps Rookie All-Star in 1969
- On March 6, 1973, Larry became the first designated hitter (DH) in MLB history during an exhibition game against the Pirates. Hisle hit two home runs and drove in seven RBI’s for the Twins.
- High school All-American
- 35+ years associated with professional baseball.
Larry Hisle, Jr.
- Played three years of minor league baseball with a combined .316 AVG.
- 1996-Prairie League (AA) Grand Forks Varmints – .303 AVG, 14HR, 15SB, .606 SLG, .448 OBP
- 1995-Mid American League (A) East Chicago Conquistadors – .375 AVG, .508 SLG, .506 OBP
- Made the MAL All-Star team
- Collegiate career at the University of Dayton
- 1994-All Great Midwest Conference
- 1993-All Midwest Collegiate (MCC), All MCC Tournament Team
- 1992-All MCC, All Newcomer Team
- High School career: Four year All Conference & All County Teams
Follow Us on Twitter
- Sorry, that page does not exist.